Monday, November 16, 2009

The Maple Leaf... a symbol of Canadian Pride...

...and a major pain in my ass.

The Maple leaf is probably one of the most recognizable symbols the world over that instantly makes the viewer think of Canada. And it is beautiful...

In the spring, the new buds on the trees signal the end to the long cold winter...
In the summer, they rustle with the passing of a cool breeze on a July evening...
In the autumn, their colours are a beauty to behold... and then they do what gives autumn it's other name...

Fall.

Yes friends, today I raked the leaves. The many, many mounds of leaves. One doesn't really stop to think about how many trees one has in one's yard, until one is forced to rake, pile, mulch and bag the leaves that said trees have shed. After having to pick up all of these leaves, I must say this... no longer will things be compared to sliced bread on the scale of useful inventions... no friends, from now on I wish to hear "that's the greatest invention since the leaf mulcher."

We're it not for this wonderful contraption I would more likely than not still be outside picking up our Canadian pride. Three yard bags I filled... and that's only the backyard!

18 days and counting... this thing is getting closer!

I have one final regular piece that I'd like to add to the blog... and so I will, as the blog is mine, and I shall do with it as I please. (Friends, please don't take my pompous declaration of ownership as anything other than that... you may still feel free to read, comment and make suggestions... whether I choose to follow, now that is a different kettle of fish altogether)

So to recap.. the regular features to look for on this blog are:
  • Worst/Stupidest Guest Comment
  • Most Ignorific Comment on the Subject of Canadiana
  • Rating of the Day based out of five corporate logos
  • Names that I saw/overheard today

and finally...

  • On This Day in Disney History

My first two features are not applicable for today, neither are the names... however, to wrap it up, I'll give you the rating and the fact...

Today was a good day, got some packing done...and made a few bucks at the restaurant where I currently work... so I'll give today a solid rating:

4 out of 5 Corporate Logos

On This Day in Disney History:

November 16th, 1965: Walt Disney visits the Disney World site in Florida the day after the news conference in Orlando announcing the building of the park. And paving the way for myself to eventually come and work for the five foot mouse himself... so a big thank you to both Walt and Mickey for making all of this possible...

That's all for now... but keep on reading!

TheCanadian


No comments:

Post a Comment